Step 4: Connecting Your Sensors
Once the Gateway is ready, you can begin installing Temperature Sensors and Leak Detectors around the mechanical room. Correct placement and proper installation of these sensors is critical in protecting your property. Review the Sensor Connection Installation Guide for more information.
- Connect Hardware: Connect the Temperature Sensor cable or Leak Detector cable to the Evolution® Sensor Module.
- Activate Sensor: Hold the green power button on the front of the Sensor Module for 5 seconds to activate Utility Mode.
- Tip: Hold for 10 seconds to reset the device to Utility Mode and memory of the last Gateway to which it was connected.
- Tip: Hold for 20 seconds to turn the device off.
- Confirm Sensor Connection: The Sensor will beep 4 times. Each beep will be accompanied by a green or red light.
- Tip: Green light and short beeps indicates success.
- Tip: Red light and long beeps indicate failure.
- What do the beeps mean?
- Beep 1: Confirms battery level. If Beep 1 experiences failure, contact your Symmons Customer Support Team.
- Beep 2: Confirms Sensor Probe is connected. If Beep 2 experiences failure, check if the Sensor Cable is properly connected to the Sensor Module. If failure repeats, contact your Symmons Customer Support Team.
- Beep 3: Confirms wireless connection to Gateway. If Beep 3 experiences failure, wait 10 seconds and attempt connection again. If failure repeats, contact your Symmons Customer Support Team.
- Beep 4: Confirms wireless signal strength to Gateway. If Beep 4 experiences failure, move or rotate the Sensor Module to a new resting position, space permitting. If failure repeats, it is acceptable to keep the original location as long as the Sensor Module maintains a wireless connection for 24 hours.
- Pair Sensors to Evolution® App: Sign into the Symmons Evolution® app. Choose “Sensor” at the bottom of the screen, and tap “Add” at the top right of your screen. Follow the instructions within the app to complete the Sensor installation.
- Complete Sensor Installation: Repeat the Sensor connection process until all of your new Symmons Evolution® Sensors have been installed. For detailed information on how to physically attach your Temperature Sensors and Leak Detectors, please see the below Sensor Connection Installation Guide.